Re: Fresh OS, fresh cygwin install, unable to resolve "couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487" error

Bill Bierman writes:
>> I am currently receiving this error when attempting to compile libgmp:

What's wrong with the libgmp that ships with Cygwin?

>>  *** fatal error in forked process - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x28B0000, top 0x2930000, reserve_size 520192, allocsize 524288, page_const 4096

>> I have been researching this all day and have gotten to a point where I am no longer finding new things to try on Google, and have grown somewhat desperate.
>>
>> Things I have tried:
>> 1. /usr/bin/rebase-trigger full
>> 2. listdlls and ash /usr/bin/rebaseall -b

You are supposed to run setup.exe again, otherwise the rebase-trigger is
useless.

>> 3. Checking the BLODA, found nothing

BLODA is good at hiding.

>> 4. Reinstalling cygwin
>> 5. Rebooting the system

> Running under WOW64 on AMD64
>
> Path:	C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
> 	C:\cygwin\bin
> 	C:\Python27
> 	C:\Python27\Scripts
> 	C:\WINDOWS\system32
> 	C:\WINDOWS
> 	C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
> 	C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0
> 	C:\Program Files\Git\cmd
> 	C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn
> 	C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH
> 	C:\Users\bbierman\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

Well, pare the PATH down to just /usr/bin (or set CYGWIN_NOWINPATH in
the system environemnt) and try again.  You may be picking up things
from your other installed applications (namely Git) that get in the way.
If so, then you'll maybe find that you will need to install a few
more packages for Cygwin before things start to work.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: