RE: Fork issue with timerfd

> > >       Re: Fork issue with timerfd
> > >
> > >        From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
> > >        To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
>
> > >        Subject: Re: Fork issue with timerfd

> > >       Anyway, the latest snapshot seemingly resolved that issue as
> > >       well, I can no longer reproduce it.
> > >

> > > Unfortunately, only seemingly. Factually, the issue persists. And I
> > > don't have to do anything with emacs just shoot up, wait cca. 20
> > > seconds and it inevitably crashes, and it does so in the foreground,
> > > too:
> > >
> > > peter@D11934N ~
> > > $ emacs .bash_history  &
> > > [2] 489
> > > [1]   Done                    emacs .bash_history
> > >
> > > peter@D11934N ~
> > > $       1 [main] emacs 489 C:\CygWin\bin\emacs-w32.exe: *** fatal
> > > error -
> > > CreateThread failed for pipesel - 0x0<0x0>, Win32 error 8
> >
> > I couldn't directly reproduce this issue, but I saw emacs using more
> > an more memory while the cursor was blinking.  I found a resource leak
> > in posix timers which was probably the cause for this problem.
> >
> > I pushed a patch and uploaded new developer snapshots to
> > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> >
> > Please test.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Corinna
> >

> I tested this:
> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20190308.dll.xz

> emacs was on for a long time, did not crash and as far as could judge it did not leak memory.

> But it froze a couple of times which I cannot recall I have ever experienced before. I mean it suddenly became deaf and dumb and while I > > was actively editing the text, both the text area and the menu line got unresponsive. I could only shut it down from the task manager,
> because the red X didn't work either.

> On the next week I will try the debug version in the hope that it can make a trace or something helpful. Is there a guide somewhere how to > use it?

> best regards
> PK

I have been running https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20190306.dll.xz , i.e., March 6th
For a couple hours yesterday and all day today along with Ken Brown's test version of emacs (GNU Emacs 26.1.92)
And have not had a hiccup.
(Well, to be truthful, I'm running a lot more of Ken Brown's test software than just emacs.)