Re: win dirs don't handle lack of inherited rule(?): getfacl + tar dir Warning: Cannot acl_to_text: Invalid argument

Greetings, L A Walsh!

> On 3/10/2019 6:27 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, L A Walsh!

>>> I doubt that area of my disk has ever been manipulated by
>>> cacls or icacls. That's in my roaming profile.
>>
>> It's not about manipulation, it's about current state.
>>
>> icacls is a Windows equivalent of POSIX's setfacl/getfacl.
> ---
>         I know.  I meant manipulate in the sense of
> handling something with dexterity and finesse. -- which
> is a different connotation or sense of the word than when
> talking about one person manipulating another.

>         How would _you_ create these symptoms if you don't know
> how they got that way -- just that they exist that way.

By running the dump of icacls locally on a given directory.
The output is the same fomat as input, much like it is for get/setfacl.

>         Furthermore.  I'm pretty sure that a person would not
> be able to create that symptom with icacls (or the deprecated cacls).

You'd be surprised.

> I would not doubt that icacls would refuse to create
> mis-ordered ACL's, for example.

Again, you'd be surprised.

--
With best regards,