Re: seteuid problem with sshd

I had found nothing referencing "No such file or directory", which sounds rather different from a permissions problem.

Running sshd under the Local System account made no difference.

passwd -R was no help.

What I did discover was that cygwin/sshd apparently now requires the Windows account to be Enabled.  That was not the case previously.

The target systems in my application are in restaurant offices, and only use a single Windows login.

As the people who use ssh do not need local Windows accounts, I've always used the practice of Disabling those user accounts in Windows. The credentials were available to ssh, without the security issues of all those extra active accounts.

Unless someone can suggest an alternative, I'll have to leave all those accounts Enabled. I can put some long, nasty passwords on them to keep the risk acceptable.

Thanks.

Bruce