RE: sshd: fatal: seteuid XXX : No such device or address

> Objet : Re: sshd: fatal: seteuid XXX : No such device or address

> > > - Make sure to login with the Administrator account case-sensitive.
> > >   If your account is called "Administrator", then use an uppercase
> > >   'A' when logging in.
> > >

> > With Uppercase i do have a login prompt, but (with the good password), I
> cant login (remotly or localy).
> > I also have Information event :
> > sshd: PID 3788: Login name Administrator does not match stored
> > username administrator
>
> As I said above, *if* your account is called Administrator...

It is for the windows login, and used to be for cygwin to, it changed when i updated cygwin.
Login, localy and remotly dont work without capitalization, but the prompt is lowercase from local terminal, see below :

administrator@[MACHINE NAME] ~
$ ssh administrator@[MACHINE NAME]
administrator@[MACHINE NAME]'s password:
Ctrl+c

administrator@[MACHINE NAME] ~
$ ssh Administrator@[MACHINE NAME]
Last login: Thu Mar 14 14:58:00 2019 from 10.0.0.8

Administrator@[MACHINE NAME] ~
$

> > > - If that doesn't help, switch the user running the sshd service from
> > >   "cyg_server" to SYSTEM (the services GUI calls it "LocalSystem")
> > >

> > This worked, like a charm, thank you 😊
> >

> The cyg_server account has been introduced many years ago as a
> workaround for a change in the LocalSystem permissions in Windows 2003
> and later.  The new S4ULogon method makes the cyg_server account
> obsolete because the reduced permissions of LocalSystem are sufficient
> now.

Ok, thank you, i installed it few years ago, so outdated knowledge.