Re: sshd: fatal: seteuid XXX : No such device or address

On Mar 15 20:39, Houder wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 14:42:47, Corinna Vinschen  wrote:
>
> > On Mar 15 14:06, Houder wrote:
>
> > > One is forced to create the exact same environment (system) as the
> > > person who is complaining, fire up the debugger (like sticking
> > > a thermometer in a patient's rear end) in order to find out where
> > > the code failed ...
> > >
> > > Meaning, within the context of the recent sshd problems, possibly only
>                                                                       ^^^^
> > > you know where the error ERROR_FILE_INVALID (resulting in the error
>     ^^^
>
> strace, yes. But only if one has the exact same "network" at one's disposal
> as the one where the problem occurred (like you have at your place; while I
> only have one simple computer) ... That is decisive.
>
> > > message "No such device or address") was generated ... (and by which
> > > Windows function).
> >
> > The only interface an application has is by checking the POSIX
> > errno value.  This is what Cygwin is about :)
> >
> > If you need more details what's going on under the hood, you have
> > to use strace.
> >
> > > Oh well, this cannot be helped ...
> >
> > Well, there *is* a solution by using strace.  And hey, we now know what
> > ENXIO returned from seteuid means, don't we?  It's not all bad :)
>
> You do! I do not :-) (as I do not have the machinery at my disposal that
> is required to provoke this error).

If I'm not mistaken the error occurs for local machine accounts, not for
domain accounts.  But either way, this problem can only be straced on
machines which can reproduce the problem and that's usually the machine
of the OP in the first place.

I'm not sure what you're asking for, what do you want to change in
Cygwin?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen