Re: winsymlinks:nativestrict and Windows 10

On Mar 19 16:16, Frank Redeker wrote:
> Am 19.03.2019 um 15:23 schrieb LRN:
> > ... SNIP ...
> >
> > Devmode + SYMBOLIC_LINK_FLAG_ALLOW_UNPRIVILEGED_CREATE is the only way to
> > create symlinks without being Administrator (that i know of). You can't just
> > give some extra privileges to your non-administrator account. I know, i've tried.
>
> On Windows 10 Pro (1809) this works for me for with a non-administrator
> account.
>
> I just added the SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege to my normal user account
> and was able to use mklink without any problems.

This is indeed a solution since the permission to create native symlinks
is coupled to this privilege and the Administrators group is the only
one having this privilege by default.  Unfortunately not everyone has
the luxury to enable this privilege for the own account (domain users).

Btw, there is another restriction with native symlinks, independent from
user privileges,  which is pretty puzzeling at first:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/junfeng/2012/05/07/the-symbolic-link-cannot-be-followed-because-its-type-is-disabled/

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen