Re: ps -W now showing STIME Dec 31

On Mar 21 10:02, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2019-03-21 08:52, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Mar 21 08:07, Brian Inglis wrote:
> >> With latest Cygwin ps -W is now showing STIME Dec 31 for Windows startup
> >> processes - these should be limited to actual start or uptime if possible.
> > It's not possible.  Starttime requires ability to open process.
>
> Everything on Cygwin updated Mar 18.
> Running ps under bash from mintty launched from XDG.
> Ran cygcheck on ps below, and attached strace not showing much useful.
> Running under gdb, ps appears never to call GetProcessTimes on startup processes
> including my own startup scheduled tasks, so start_time is always zero, and is
> offset -7 to MST.
> Showing below also unique startup programs, unique other programs with normal
> times from System32, running Cygwin processes, and installed releases FYI.
> I could rebuild ps with debugging and add logging if not reproducible.

Sorry, but I really can't follow.  It's really simple:  If the user
can open a process, starttime is available, if the user can not open
the process, starttime is not available.  Just check the ps source.
If you see another solution (no WMI, Bill is right there), feel free
to providea patch.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen