Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.9

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:44:44, Brian Inglis wrote:
Both dash and bash are in Base, installed by default, and both are login
shells, while dash requires only cygwin1.dll to run, and can be used during
setup, before other libraries or utilities are installed.

Yeah, I did not mean to say login shell. I am not sure the proper way to phrase
it, so i will just put it like this:

Dash is good for writing scripts, personally I prefer it over Bash. However it
is garbage as an interactive shell. It does not even support readline, and that
is fine because its role is to be a fast shell for scripts.

That is why I did not include it before. I would add that your mail is not on
topic. The point of my email was not "Bash should be the dep", it was "some
shell should be a dep".