Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.9

Am 28.03.2019 um 15:02 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 4:44 AM Thomas Wolff <towo@towo.net> wrote:
Björn Stabel wrote:
On 27/03/2019 23:59, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 21:02 +0100, Thomas Wolff wrote:
I used to use tar rather than cygport package to generate the packages.
One reason was that I didn’t want my local user/group to appear in them.
They won't show up like that once installed.
Sorry for commenting from the peanut gallery, but his problem may be
that he doesn't want to disclose his user name to anyone nosy enough to
snoop around in the package files.
Thanks for expressing the point. Indeed, I consider this a privacy
issue. So unless I get the information how to generate that
mintty.exe.dbg file, I could only unpack the debug package and repackage
it again, blowing up the production process unnecessarily. Or stay
without debug package for another while...
A potential solution is, add another user to your system named cygwin.
When you build you packages use the cygwin user. The debug information
will reference your cygwin user, and not your real user account.
Thanks for the suggestion, but there are other solutions meanwhile. Also, you would have to remember to switch user everytime, which may take a while, and it's not even possible to create user accounts on everybody's machine.