Re: HEADSUP: SSHD service rename

On Apr 22 14:28, JZeman wrote:
> When I try to install Cygwin sshd, it creates the cygsshd service in windows
> however, it isn't creating the cyg_server account or any other account. It
> wants to use the System account.

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd1

Also see the OpenSSH release message section "Portability" at
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2019-04/msg00017.html

So, yes.  Using the SYSTEM account instead of cyg_server is correct.
We now use S4U authentication rather than trying to create our own
user token.  We only invented cyg_server to workaround the issue
that SYSTEM services are not allowed to create user tokens starting
with Windows Server 2003.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen