Does "cygport <cygport-file> install" actually install a compiled package?

Dear Cygwin Team,

I compiled a package using cygport <package.cygport> all. According to the documentation this should also install the package, but I don't see the files in my local installation updated. Is this a misunderstanding of what "install" means in this context or do I miss some command line options? cygport <package.cygport> install also seems to create the packages, but doesn't install anything as far as I can tell.

Or do I have to uninstall the original package first? (The package I compiled and want to installed was installed before).

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich