Re: Building Bedrockdb in cygwin

Brian Inglis, on Monday, May 13, 2019 11:29 PM, wrote...
>You might want to try installing WSL then follow the Ubuntu instructions to
I am trying to make this work from work.  And I am running Windows 7, which does not support WSL.

>figure out what the build resource requirements are.
>Then use the peflags settings in
>        https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.html
This is a good advice.  I tried running this command,

$ peflags --cygwin-heap git.exe
git.exe: skipped because nonexistent

how do I add more memory to git.exe using peflags?  I read the site you mentioned above, and it's not very clear as to how it can be done.  There is actually a mistake in the documentation: the third sentence reads,

"In some cases, this problem can be solved by changing a field in the file header which is utilized by Cygwin since to keep the initial size of the application heap."

I think the word "since" after Cygwin, is not needed. Thanks.

josé