Re: Is our use of Cygwin to build & run OpenOCD a good one?

On 2019-05-22 15:28, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Bob Cochran wrote:
>> And I'm reluctant to install other translation projects on my PC like
>> MSYS2 and MinGW because of bloat, support, and security concerns. Try
>> to keep it as simple as possible!
> In case of Cygwin and MinGW, all you would be installing is cross-compilers'
> toolchain.
> Then you run make from Cygwin, specifying correct target, and get a native
> Win32 executable at the end.

First you have to check that you have all the library build dependencies you
need available in mingw64-x86_64-... packages, and install them (they install
into /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/{lib,include} directories), and the
related mingw64-x86_64-binutils, which go in the same tree, then configure the
build to use those cross-tools, similar to how you would do an ARM cross-build
on x86 Linux.

[tbird munged previous attempts to post - last try!]