Re: Question regarding OpenSSL 1.1.1b package configuration against OpenSSL 1.0.2r

On 2019-06-03 16:36, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 14:35:29, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> You can easily rebuild the package yourself with the cygport utility, to check
>> that works, then change the build config to include the Brainpool ECs, and
>> rebuild the way you want it.
>
> Please do not presume someones technical prowess. It might be easy *to you*, but
> its certainly not easy in an objective sense, and definitely not to a novice
> Cygwin user.
>
> This is coming from someone who has built hundreds of Cygwin and Mingw64
> packages. Have some perspective.

I am encouraging and offering the poster a way to solve their problem, after
providing some possible reasons for dropping support from some ECs.
Rebuilding a Cygwin package from source using cygport is a relatively easy task.
I am not presuming, but assuming some amount of technical expertise, based on a
poster asking about openssl configuration and which ECs they want to support.
If they need more help they can ask in a follow up.

Please refrain from your own inappropriate assumptions and meta-commentary based
on that, as this is not a social media platform.
Why would you assume the poster is a novice?
Before commenting, please try yourself to consider multiple perspectives on
posts and replies?
"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your
philosophy." Hamlet: Shakespeare