Cygport: How to add -I m4 to autoreconf / aclocal?

Dear Cygwin Team,

recompiling the package "mingw64-x86_64-gtksourceview3.0-3.24.6" from sources with cygport (In order to generate the debug info) I found that the compile step fails. Aclocal fails in a few macro availability checks. The reason is that aclocal is missing a "-I m4" option to include the local m4 subfolder. I wonder what I need to do in the cygport file to add this. Or should this be added in gnome2_autogen.sh. Autoreconf is called there like this:

autoreconf --verbose --force --install -Wno-portability

which leads to this aclocal call:

autoreconf-2.69: running: aclocal-1.15 --force --warnings=no-portability

which leads to this failure:

configure.ac:161: error: macro GTK_CHECK_BACKEND is not defined; is a m4 file missing?
/usr/share/aclocal/ax_require_defined.m4:35: AX_REQUIRE_DEFINED is expanded from...
configure.ac:161: the top level
autom4te-2.69: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
:
*** ERROR: gnome2: autoreconf failed

It might also be that some global configuration has changed. The strange thing is that the files in the ./m4 folder make it into the aclocal.m4 file, but aclocal also runs m4 including all available files and in this run the files in ./m4 are not included, which leads to the above failure.

I also wonder if the -install option to autoreconf shouldn't be forwarded to aclocal.

Btw.: mingw64-x86_64-gtksourceview3.0-3.24.6 has a rather bad bug (it frees all data structures on any thread exit rather than process exit) which is fixed upstream since a while. Maybe the autoconf issue is the reason why the package has not been updated by the maintainer.

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich