Re: Dragging from explorer to cygwin terminal is not putting the path into the terminal

Replying inline

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 10:15 AM Houder <houder@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 21:26:06, Academy OfFetishes  wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hello to you.
>
> > I tried to google for this but couldn't find anyone with the same
> problem.
> > I'm using mintty 3.0.1 and cygwin 3.0.7(0.338/5/3).
> >
> > On my previous computer, if I dragged a file from my explorer to the
> cygwin
> > terminal, the cygwin terminal used to be populated with the full path to
> > that file.  Now when I do this, the cygwin terminal isn't affected.
>
> On your previous computer? So you are using a freshly installed, new
> computer?

Correct.

> What does "uname -a" tell you? (just for a start).

CYGWIN_NT-10.0 DESKTOP-CJB8HSU 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64
Cygwin

> > How do I get it to work the way it used to?  I want dragging from my
> > explorer to the terminal to expand the full path of the filename in my
> > terminal.
>
> I do not know ...
>
> You are sitting behind YOUR computer ... Not me.

Well first of all, is this feature supposed to work by default or is it
something you turn on?

> What did you try? Something that can give us (and you) a clue ...

I tried dragging a file to the terminal.

> What happens if you drag a file to Notepad? Does it insert the contents
> of that file in the buffer of Notepad?

Yes, that works correctly.