Re: Dragging from explorer to cygwin terminal is not putting the path into the terminal

Am 07.06.2019 um 01:04 schrieb Houder:
On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:26:25, Academy OfFetishes  wrote:
inline

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:56 PM Houder <houder@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 10:56:28, Academy OfFetishes  wrote:

Well first of all, is this feature supposed to work by default or is it
something you turn on?
Yes.

Yes to which?  Yes to both?  If it's something you turn on, where is that
setting?
Oh, my apologies. Yes, this feature is supposed to work "out-of-the-box"; that
explains why I (we) were wondering what the problem could be at your place.

That is not not what I meant ... You could have told us whether or not the
problem is also present if you install the previous version of MinTTY ...

When I wrote, you are sitting behind your computer, I was not trying to be
nasty ... I meant, you are the _only_ one who can provide us clues, because
right now we have not enough info to help you.

When I install a previous version it doesn't make a difference.  I've
installed 2.9.9

I'd like to help more than this, but I don't know what other information I
can provide that would be helpful.
You are doing fine now, providing us the "specifics" of your situation. Your
initial post lacked that info.

I am still using W7, and therefore I am afraid I cannot help you anymore. It
may be that Brian I. has some ideas - as far as I know, he is using W10.

I cannot say anything sensible about the 2 scripts you have executed. Sorry.

But I am afraid, that you may have to start from scratch again (reinstalling
W10) in order to find out under what circumstances the MinTTY feature starts
to fail. Yes, that would be a huge disappointment to you, I understand.
Don't shoot with canons on sparrows (German proverb)!
I can confirm that I observed the issue, occasionally, under yet unclear conditions. It even stopped to work once in a terminal session where it initially worked. So no relation to Windows stuff to be assumed. It would be helpful to find a pattern that raises the issue. It would also be helpful to check whether it occurs with mintty 3.0.0, as there were some minor clipboard modifications in 3.0.1.
Thomas