Re: Dragging from explorer to cygwin terminal is not putting the path into the terminal

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 09:41:45, Thomas Wolff wrote:

> Am 07.06.2019 um 01:04 schrieb Houder:
[snip]

> > I cannot say anything sensible about the 2 scripts you have executed. Sorry.
> >
> > But I am afraid, that you may have to start from scratch again (reinstalling
> > W10) in order to find out under what circumstances the MinTTY feature starts
> > to fail. Yes, that would be a huge disappointment to you, I understand.
> Don't shoot with canons on sparrows (German proverb)!

Ah, you mean overkill ...

 - shoot sparrows w/ cannons
 - shoot gnats w/ cannons (Dutch proverb, even stronger :-)
 - crack nuts w/ sledgehammers (English proverb)

> I can confirm that I observed the issue, occasionally, under yet unclear
> conditions. It even stopped to work once in a terminal session where it
> initially worked. So no relation to Windows stuff to be assumed.
> It would be helpful to find a pattern that raises the issue. It would
> also be helpful to check whether it occurs with mintty 3.0.0, as there
> were some minor clipboard modifications in 3.0.1.

Again "Ah", you have the advantage of "Inside Information"; I did not.

Henri