Python internetarchive problem

This is a response to Brian from earlier, I do not know how to reply to
mailing list posts at all. I used Cygwin to install ia, don't know what pex
is. I was using Python 3.7's pip to install the internetarchive package and
then tried to configure it which resulted in the problem. Do I need to use
that winpty thing? I set up internetarchive with the normal Windows command
line but for some reason accessing it in Cygwin to try to upload just threw
"you need to use ia configure" at me and of course that won't work in
Cygwin.