Re: cygport and C:\Windows\system32\tar.exe

Am 30.06.2019 um 07:37 schrieb Federico Kircheis:

> My problem is that cyport tries to invoke tar with an absolute file, and
> of course C:\Windows\system32\tar.exe does not understand a path that
> begins with `/cygdrive/c`.

No.  Your problem is that you're trying to use cygport from the wrong
place, causing the PATH seen by it to be completely wrong.  Well, either
that, or that you somehow failed to install Cygwin's own tar, even
though it's part of the base system, so it should always be installed.

Cygport, like many of the more involved utilities delivered by Cygwin,
is meant to be used from inside the Cygwin shell.  At the very least,
you have to ensure that the PATH of the shell running cygport is set up
properly, with Cygwin's `/bin' and/or `usr/bin' mounts at the front of it.
> How do you generally solve that problem?

Basically by not even having it in the first place.