Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST: Cygwin 3.1.0-0.3

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 02:51:34 +0530
Biswapriyo Nath wrote:
> On Friday, August 30, 2019, Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
> The HPCON isn't a handle. It's a pointer of a struct of three handles. In
> my opinion, I think it's consistent with pty functions in libc. Like in
> forkpty(2) the pid is returned in master side, here HPCON is same.

Then, is it possible to DuplicateHanlde() for three handles in HPCON
to other process which calls ioctl() with new HPCON?

> Q: From which process do you want to access it?

Just a posibility. Some programs may open pty in a process, call
fork(), exit the process and call ioctl in the fork'ed process.

> To know more about the ConPTY internals here are two of my sample program:
>
> * XConPty: https://github.com/Biswa96/XConPty
> * wslbridge2: https://github.com/Biswa96/wslbridge2/tree/master/rawpty

Oh! Is that your work? I already know XConPty site and I wondered
what is this and how the auther knows such internal things.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>