Re: Blank Windows

On 2019-10-03 12:53, Thomas Dineen wrote:
> I just downloaded the newest Cygwin 64 bit distribution on my new Windows 10
> Intel machine. The download completed without errors. The Cygwin64 Terminal
> works just fine.
> However when I open Mate, Lxde, or simular windows (From the Cygwin 32bit
> Menu), the window opens successfully, but nothing appears inside the window,
> no menus, nothing!

There is no Cygwin distribution to download.
Cygwin is a collection of packages subject to rolling updates.
You have to download cygwin.com/setup-x86/_64.exe and run it.
Select directories to use and packages to download and *install*.
Wait until setup and all postinstall scripts are complete before proceeding.
After installation, you may also have to configure some components to have them
work usefully on your system.
To use X Window desktops, you should install Cygwin using setup-x86_64, to use
64 bits to address adequate space for all components required to be installed,
and run them a lot faster.
If you mean the "Cygwin-X (32-bit)" start menu, that will not run 64 bit programs.
See https://cygwin.com/install.html to get started.