This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] xterm 348-1
- From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka at jpl dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 10:36:06 +0900
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] xterm 348-1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:24:37 -0400, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
> * xterm-348-1
First of all, reverting it to XTerm(330) solved my problem.
When copying non-ASCII text from another window to XTerm(348), it
will be shown as a combination of ASCII and control characters,
not the original human readable representation.
I usually use Japanese text, これは日本語です for example. AFAICT,
only the copy and paste is bad; `less' shows Japanese text and
`ls' shows Japanese file names correctly.
Is there a way to fix this problem?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple