This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Looking to set up a partial mirror of Cygwin package server
- From: "dmytro.shmagin.barclays.com via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 20:31:24 +0000
- Subject: Looking to set up a partial mirror of Cygwin package server
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=barclays.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=barclays.com; dkim=pass header.d=barclays.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=0B5Yj7H3ziN/iOZm5ozOQvu9dSOysuKvk18xjStXLng=; b=Ks6vOe09EBrZgKKzSL6Wqm8V/tYUy3uZ2jTOfRRk3D0sFrsbXqIarlB2IDoCLaYxz/hZ8ZTM/nZ/H9UsESaB413WjiE18tXTnF7CyYPbDV9G+ZDVYW53awV39P7MJ5RFSjl9wur+y2fk8/dSyaxuJPH7/0EsVVplHLpAAfCT6SILZtybYQTGbgEUek/tCW3CPhUaC4GO8q0PNGDmLS8HTvBhIFg9aBaj5GXz3GOFj/sZ/OGEHiaKqO9NTmFIPrdhepJuXt1YzFzDQwkDfNQZwllPGmfrQVhnh1cImIy+YlEpQRIY9KyFRTk6NGjsk2eJH7NRQe3PqdqfLjP0e0iwAA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=TNbvQ+aaRpZHh484dtWKssuIfprh1TsIaygy0vWT8I7m1QXDCsVTiMetLG2uSQzZr7K/BPoOenunzn7ZMU1Bf8ziRUyBfgWlrKb8f+JNGxlQfApGPWrdMjbHNF5t7o7VlE9T1wSUZ8qL64H+PpQSokII76nAxCgeHkRU9hYr5nERcAvLlnXXDnritqbHciGPWai1oShZaXLh7SI2VI9FE2AlXZsD9gL91ot17Rg4y3a/O/xUeI5mAYWHIDxOi71DDjTLq+aN2vjHOBc1cduqe+/Ztjkyw+Nv99I7FKB75uAhaBRADA+9JubkolSYvv4wSEBnTaqRDWoog93stCmwew==
- Reply-to: <dmytro dot shmagin at barclays dot com>
We're looking to set up a partial mirror of the Cygwin package servers to serve the few (around 50) packages that we use on a daily basis - essentially setting up a repo for our users to download those Cygwin apps which are approved on our system. Essentially, we'd like to have our personal package server be an available option to our users - preferably the only available option - on the list of Cygwin mirrors in the installer, and to only list those packages which are approved (with no automatic updates - we are most likely freezing these versions until they are next approved in order to comply with company policy). Currently, we are simply including all packages as a "Local Download" after downloading them without installing and compressing them into an archive, but this method doesn't allow us to set up a proper mirror + setup.ini file as the .hint files are not included with the download (even when installing source files). This also means that users have to download ALL packages even if they only want to download a subset of them with our current method.
Can anyone run me through how to set up a partial, non-updated package server for Cygwin, as I am unable to do so by following the Cygwin package server setup guide on the Cygwin site?
This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use. Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.
For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants; and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.
If you are incorporated or operating in Australia, please see https://www.home.barclays/disclosures/importantapacdisclosures.html for important disclosure.
How we use personal information see our privacy notice https://www.investmentbank.barclays.com/disclosures/personalinformationuse.html
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple