Re: Bug reporting

On 2019-11-25 08:24, Andrew Schulman via cygwin wrote:
> On 2019-11-19 21:59, Pasunuti Prashanth wrote:
>> We are facing a bug problem during compilation.
>> 1. "makedepend: error: out of space: increase MAXFILES"
>> 2. make[1]: *** [Makefile:327: dep] error 1
>>
>> Request to address this problem.
>
> Brian gave you a very polite and helpful reply. But you didn't do your part
> by asking a reasonable question. You didn't even tell us what you were
> trying to compile, or bother to write a useful subject to your email! With
> a question like that, don't expect a useful answer. You got one anyway.

Some from other cultures may not have sufficient understanding of our culture,
or command of the language, to realize that this is a volunteer project, or be
polite by our standards.

OP may not see your response, as they may not be subscribed, so I CCed them,
they PMed me, by PM I reiterated that we are unable to help without some useful
information, but will not do their assignment or job, or fix their project.

At this time of year, September 9582nd[1], various academic and professional
deadlines are pressing, including personal deadlines for many of us!

[1] http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/eoan/man1/sdate.1.html