Re: Cygwin startup and root directory.

On Dec  9 01:12, Daniel Santos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see that when you copy Cygwin executables (and dlls) to a random
> windows machine and run (for example) bash.exe that Cygwin treats the
> parent directory as the root, assigns it an 8-byte serial number and
> records it in the user registry.  Can somebody point me to where the
> code is that does this?  I presume somewhere under winsup/cygwin?

winsup/cygwin/cygheap.cc, method init_cygheap::init_installation_root()

> Also, are there pretty docs somewhere that detail the Cygwin internals,
> architecture, etc?  It's making me curious...

The internals are not overly well documented.  There are a few how* txt
files in winsup/cygwin but they are old and partially outdated.  I try
to write extensive git commit messages and inline comments whenever I
change stuff and also try to convince other contributors to do that,
too.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen