Re: cygwin64 OpenSSH_8.1p1 client segmentation fault

On 12/15/2019 7:22 AM, vadim wrote:
> On 14/12/2019 20:20, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 12/14/2019 3:01 PM, vadim wrote:
>>> Thanks.
>>> Do you think the fact that 32bit version is working fine (more or less) and the
>>> previous ssh 64 bit version (I suspect this was the version before Sep 2019, but
>>> I can't say for sure as Cygwin does not leave any traces of the previous version
>>> I used before the upgrade) was working without any issues still suggests BLODA?
>>> I think logically this is caused by new ssh version (which probably interfere
>>> with some of the other libs) rather than my specific setup. I mean - setup may
>>> cause the issue, but the previous version was working fine with this setup, so
>>> this looks like a regression (i.e. new version is more demanding or more
>>> restrictive in terms of surrounding environment).
>>>
>>> Is there a way I can rollback to ssh version before 8.0p1-2 (the oldest I see
>>> now in cygwin64) to prove the point (or at least continue using the working for
>>> me version)?
>> Yes, use the Cygwin Time Machine:
>>
>>     http://www.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/Cygwin/timemachine.html
>>
>> Ken
> Thanks a lot!
> I have now installed cygwin64 from
> http://ctm.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/64bit/2019/08/30/171738
>

> ssh now works fine. The version is
> OpenSSH_7.0p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2t 10 Sep 2019
>
> I see a change in both SSH and SSL versions here
>
> Not working ssh version under cygwin64 was:
> OpenSSH_8.1p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019
>
> I was also trying to use the latest cygwin32 version that seemed to be working,
> but I noticed that git was behaving very odd - it didn't finish pull command
> quite often. I noticed git has dependency on the same openSSL 1.1 package, so I
> suspect there is an issue in that openSSL 1.1 package that is used in both ssh
> and git.

Since other people aren't reporting these problems, I still suspect BLODA.  The
following DLLs in your strace output look suspicious to me:

C:\PROGRA~1\Citrix\System32\MfApHook64.dll
C:\Program Files\Avecto\Privilege Guard Client\PGHook.dll
C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\PicaWtsHook64.dll
C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\SCardHook64.dll
C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\ShellHook64.dll
C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\cxinjime64.dll
C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\picaFullScreenHookX64.dll
C:\Windows\System32\VSMAPIMon.dll
C:\Windows\System32\lsihok64.dll

I suggest you investigate the applications that installed these DLLs to see if
one of them might be interfering with Cygwin.

Ken