Re: cygwin64 OpenSSH_8.1p1 client segmentation fault

On 2019-12-15 09:24, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 12/15/2019 7:22 AM, vadim wrote:
>> On 14/12/2019 20:20, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> On 12/14/2019 3:01 PM, vadim wrote:
>> I have now installed cygwin64 from
>> http://ctm.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/64bit/2019/08/30/171738
>> ssh now works fine. The version is
>> OpenSSH_7.0p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2t 10 Sep 2019
>> I see a change in both SSH and SSL versions here
>> Not working ssh version under cygwin64 was:
>> OpenSSH_8.1p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019
>> I was also trying to use the latest cygwin32 version that seemed to be working,
>> but I noticed that git was behaving very odd - it didn't finish pull command
>> quite often. I noticed git has dependency on the same openSSL 1.1 package, so I
>> suspect there is an issue in that openSSL 1.1 package that is used in both ssh
>> and git.

Just because those versions work doesn't mean that future versions won't have
BLODA problems, which as the BLODA licensee, is your problem to follow up with
your internal IT or vendor support.

> Since other people aren't reporting these problems, I still suspect BLODA.  The
> following DLLs in your strace output look suspicious to me:
>
> C:\PROGRA~1\Citrix\System32\MfApHook64.dll
> C:\Program Files\Avecto\Privilege Guard Client\PGHook.dll
> C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\PicaWtsHook64.dll
> C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\SCardHook64.dll
> C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\ShellHook64.dll
> C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\cxinjime64.dll
> C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\picaFullScreenHookX64.dll
> C:\Windows\System32\VSMAPIMon.dll
> C:\Windows\System32\lsihok64.dll
>
> I suggest you investigate the applications that installed these DLLs to see if
> one of them might be interfering with Cygwin.

Beyond Trust/Avecto Privilege Guard blocks elevation and possibly other rights:
suggest adding to BLODA list; also possible are Lakeside Systems Systems
Management Agent web tracking logging software and MicroFocus/Voltage Security
Voltage Encryption network encryption which duplicates ssh functions; Citrix ICA
(like RDP) could be a possibility.