Persistent issues around rebasing

Dear Corinna, et al. --

I have had a persistent problem with DLL collision after fork.  When I start
cygwin I use XLaunch, which starts two bash instances and an xemacs.  These
come up fine.  However, it is often the case that the xemacs can't fork ls to
show a directory, or the XWin can't fork additional programs from its menu.
In such cases I do rebaseall, but even then, it seems that I need some random
number of Windows restarts to get things where fork works again.  (Of course
it may not really be random - it may just depend on something I haven;t
figured out yet!).

Here is output from rebase -si for your perusal.  I have tried in the past to
slim down my installation, but the way dependencies get tangled, I found it
difficult to find anything substantial that I can remove.  Anyway, when you
have the opportunity to offer advice, I'd appreciate it.

Regards - Eliot Moss