lpr sends a file to my printer but it just sits there in the print queue

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 with Cygwin (see attached cygcheck.out).

The lpr command is sending my file to the printer, but it never prints.  It just sits in the Windows print queue with status "Sent to printer".

e.g.:
/usr/bin/lpr -d "ET-4500" xx.txt

If I print something else with say, Word, that document gets printed while the lpr job still sits there.

My printer is an Epson ET-4500.

It seems that somehow Windows or the printer needs to be told that the job is complete and can be printed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael Coulter