Re: headache on build repeatibility: octave vs BLODA ?

Am 26.01.2020 um 09:05 schrieb ASSI:
Marco Atzeri writes:
at least I know that is not just my machine.
When I released the package was

   libinterp/corefcn/file-io.cc-tst
............................... PASS 90/90

Based on the test name there may be an assumption built into the code
about how the filesystem behaves that isn't guaranteed on Windows/Cygwin
or even POSIX.  If it's simply an error condition not getting checked it
should be reproducible under debugging, but you're mostly out of luck if
it's relying on a specific order or atomicity of certain operations, as
debugging will almost always serialize the execution to the point where
these types of errors do not manifest.

Regards,
Achim.

the other problem of debugging is that the backtrace is trash
after the segfault and that of course Octave is a
400 Kg gorilla with all its dependencies..

I will try anyway

Thanks
Marco