Re: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable errors after upgrading cygwin packages

Hi Pedro,
I have started down the road of building cygwin, but did run into a
few issues so don't have a debuggable version yet. If you beat me to
it,  please let me know. Thanks!
Any findings?

Unfortunately no, I did get a clean build, but "make install" following it just created complete havoc in my cygwin environment (lots of errors indicating that a rebase was required, but rebasing didn't fix them). Reinstalls of the cygwin base dll (and other packages) didn't fix it, and I was forced to delete my entire cygwin directory and reinstall all cygwin packages that I needed from scratch. I'm not inclined to go through that pain again any time soon.

I have on my to-do list to use the cygwin time machine, as Ken suggested, and will try to isolate when the problem first appeared. However, my day job has been getting in the way on that, so I haven't yet found the time.

For the moment, I'm continuing to run on 3.0.7 without any issues.

I have found something interesting:

1) If i run the terminal without mintty, the problem goes away. I can
run my makefiles with "make -j20" without any issues if i start with
"bash --login" instead of the mintty shortcut, where it just uses the
normal windows terminal.

2) As soon as i run via mintty, even "make -j2" quickly goes south,
causes various fork() issues as we have seen. I will see if i can
create a small makefile that shows this.

That would be awesome if you could create a small test case.

Dave