Re: Can't compile port qtermwidget

On 2020-02-09 5:18 p.m., Eliot Moss wrote:
I am not Qt savvy, but I can think of two generic things to check:

- The Qt version in the cygwin libraries you have, versus what qtermwidget expects.

- The version of the C compiler (gcc keeps evolving, and that sometimes breaks things).   Maybe there is info on the web about Qt issues with various version of gcc.

Thanks Eliot.  The package works with the current Qt libs so I'm working under the assumption that the Qt version is Ok.

I've figured out that if -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII and -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII are removed from the compile directives, the situation improves drastically (at least on the first file I tried to compile manually, the number of compile errors goes from dozens to zero).  But, I don't know why Cmake is adding those directives.