fmt-file for pdftex/pdflatex/jadetex:how?

Hello nice people..
The subject says it all, but i enjoy typing.
-

This in the twilight zone of docbook-apps, perhaps, still..
I would like to have appropriate hyphen-patterns (for my norwegian documents..) As far as my knowledge goes i can generate this with initex (latex) but it seems the output from jade (and the dbtools, obviously) is not affected by the latex.fmt.., which seems reasonable enough.. but?
I also know that the pdf*tex man-page mentions the pdftex -ini (pdfinitex).
Which files am i supposed to generate the formatting from in the three above?
(-There are no pdftex.ltx/pdflatex.ltx files..) And when i do initex ... /dump with the jadetex.ltx it doesn't happen much..
Needless to say the norwegian docs with the american way of splitting words doesn't look too good.
-
can anyone help me, please?

inge
--