RE: RTF linebreak

Hi Lane,

put a perl script behind your jade processing, replacing the "\\" by "\":
e.g.
  perl -e "while (<stdin>) {s/\\\\line/\\line/gi; print};"
<infile.rtf>outfile.rtf

It sounds ridiculous, but works. And seems to be the only way to make
good-looking RTF output with jade (from my point of view); we use a densely
cooperating pair of an RTF DSL stylesheet inserting many raw RTF strings and
a perl script correcting all the ugly things leaving jade (how else could
you let text flow around a graphic with an SGML-RTF?). This is a really
powerful combination (so your creativity may be unleashed now - until it
bumps against the bugs and limitations of RTF... ;-) )

Regards
Ekbert Mertens

Ekbert Mertens
Product Information Group
IXOS SOFTWARE AG
Bretonischer Ring 12, D-85630 Grasbrunn
Tel: +49.(0)89.4629.1508, Fax: +49.(0)89.4629.33.1508
http://www.ixos.com/de
Mailto:Ekbert.Mertens@munich.ixos.de
WE M@KE YOUR BUSINESS FASTER

'\\line ' appears
with the document text and is not treated as formatting control.  If I
manually edit the rtf output and delete one of the two '\' characters, then
I get a line break as I had expected.
I have tried various other approaches, bounded only by my creativity, that I
will be happy to share with you when you have more time....

Can anyone either give me some guidance in this forum, or point me to
resources or examples?

Thanks,
Lane.
--