Re: Another website.dtd experience!

Hi,

On Thu, 09 Nov 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.COM> was heard to say:
> | Xalan doesn't seem to be falling back to the
> | Xalan extension if the XT extension doesn't work.

> | Saxon has no problem with chunk.xsl.
>
> But note that xt does. Use xtchunk.xsl for XT. (XT doesn't implement
> element-available and barfs on it during the stylesheet parse so there's
> no way to merge the two together. I'm starting to lose interest in
> continued support of XT.)

how sad ;-( , only xt seems to work properly with your stylesheets till today.

Well not exactly! xtchunk.xsl has apparently some bugs the Book title page
doesn't get properly formed (HTML output) . In my case only the bridgehead
element is displayed and no table of contents, no title, no subtitle,  no
author, editor no mediaobject, no legalnotice. everthing seems to have vanished
into thin air ;-( . this is with XSL ver 1.24.

but interestingly saxon with xp as the default parser seems to output properly
using chunk.xsl(ver1.24 XSL). And if i switch to xerces as the parser for saxon,
same old problem of  no ID constraint for linkend error

regards
have fun but do take care
--
maddy
             To tread the sharp edge of a sword                 To run on