Re: Docbook XML 4.1.2 parse problem

Hello,

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying out Norman Walsh's XSL style sheets for docbook but am
> having some problems with Xalan 1.2. I'm not sure which Xerces comes
> with xalan 1.2.
> docbook/xhtml/docbook.xsl style sheet.
>
> Does this look familiar to anyone?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Eric
very much, see Bob Staytons mail below:

----------------------------------------------------snip------
Yes, it is a bug in Java Xerces 1.2, which is the versionbundled with Xalan 1.2 right now.
But Xerces 1.2.1 is available separately from http://xml.apache.org in the Xerces-J
area, and that version does work with the Docbook XML DTD.
Just put the new xerces.jar file in your CLASSPATH.
-------------------------------------------------------snip-----
xerces is available as seperate jar file get the latest( i guess ver 1.2.1 or
later) and remove the old xerces.jar file which comes with xalan and replace it
with the new one and do what Bob has suggested, hopefully it should work
for saxon works fine for me and probably to a lot of people on this list.

hope this helps.
regards
have fun but do take care
  --
maddy
             To tread the sharp edge of a sword                 To run on