No Alt-text on my images

Hi folks,

Actually a couple of questions here, but I'm trying not to spam the list too
hard so I put them in one mail ;)

My setup: DocBook XML 4.1.2 DTD, the DocBook DSSSL stylesheet, Jade and
pdfjadetex.

1.
Is there a reason that this does not result in any ALT text when I parse to
HTML:

<mediaobject>
  <imageobject>
    <imagedata fileref="../images/rp-flow.gif" format="GIF" align="center"/>
  </imageobject>
  <textobject>
    <para>This is an image of the flow in the Request Processor</para>
  </textobject>
</mediaobject>

2.
When trying to use an EPS image in order to get a nice PDF, I get no error
message from pdfjadetex but the EPS image just doesn't show up in my PDF...

Best

Claus