Re: SOLVED! Re: Workaround for JadeTex extra pages?

Hello everyone,

(I'm a newbie, so treat me nicely.)

Regarding the extra pages fix described below: I have an alternative
(perhaps easier for you) fix...

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 11:49:10AM -0500, Dan York wrote:
> Okay, on this particular day, Sebastian Rahtz is my hero!
>
> He got back to me a few minutes ago with the fix I needed. For anyone
> else, the quick fix involves going into 'jadetex.dtx' and replacing
>
>   \cleardoublepage
>
> (there is only one occurrence) with:
>
>   \clearpage
>
> You then have to rebuild the format files (which I did simply by
> executing "make install" in the jadetex source directory).
>
> When you next run openjade, the resulting PDF file will NOT have the
> extra pages.

No need to rebuild JadeTeX: after you run `jade` on your file, open
the .tex file up in an editor, and add the following line near the
top:

    \def\PageTwoSide{0}

This is set to a default of "1" in jadetex.dtx, which causes JadeTeX
to *always* use \cleardoublepage.  Setting this to "0" in your
document causes JadeTeX to do a \clearpage, in that document only.
(Note that every time you rebuild the .tex file with Jade, you'll have
to add that magic line again.)

I hope this bug is fixed soon. 8-(

In the meantime, if you find the above fix cumbersome or confusing, I
could write you a trivial Perl script which adds the line, then runs
`jadetex`.  Let me know.

Cheers,
Dave.