Re: PDF and single file HTML output

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 11:37:19AM -0800, Bernd Kreimeier wrote:

> I have a problem with a "professional" organization
> that can't handle (read/print) postscript. I now have to
> generate either a single HTML file, or a PDF file,
> from DocBook. I am using Linux, RedHat 6, with a
> stock install as of last year. rpm -qa gives:

<snip>

> Cygnus stylesheets, PNG extended, but no images used.
> Any recommended upgrades? Any known problems?
>
> db2html has no --help, but there is a comment in the
> script:
>
>  # it's best to make a new directory with several html files in it
>  #cat $* | jade -d $DB_STYLESHEET -t sgml -V nochunks > $TMPFN
>
> Can I trivially reactivate this line? Is there a db2shtml?
> Thanks,

This is why I don't like the db2* scripts, they hide too much from the
end user, and (IMHO) they're not sufficiently customisable.

Take a look at

    http://www.freebsd.org/docs/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/fdp-primer/x3132.html

which has a collection of examples doing what you want using the tools
directly, rather than using any wrapper scripts.

You will probably need to adjust the paths, and the '-c' options to Jade;
you have to make sure that Jade can see CATALOG files that point to the
DocBook DTD that you're using, the catalog for the stylesheets, and the
catalog that came with Jade.

PGP signature