Re: DocBook and JadeTex: Left and Right HeadersandFooters

David Nelson writes:
 > So, in response to Sebastian's original remark: indeed, DSSSL/Jade
 > doesn't buy you anything... as long as you don't mind installing a
 > bloated, non-free Java VM, and using flow-object processors which
 > won't render correctly.

so why don't you try some of the other FO and XSLT implementations?

I'd have more sympathy if

 * (Open)Jade implemented all of DSSSL
 * there was any other implementation widely available
 * JadeTeX worked properly (I am allowed to say that)
and, crucially,
 * there was any active development

Sebastian