Re: DocBook and JadeTex: Left and Right HeadersandFooters

Juan R. Migoya writes:

 > I agree: but I switched to Apache FOP some months ago, just to
 > discover that from version 0.15 to version 0.16 the changes were of
 > such magnitude that my XSL should be rebuilt. I would appreciate if
 > somebody can describe the (REAL) actual state of FOP.

It's moving fast, aiming at conformance to the candidate recommendation
of XSL FO. what more can one say? Its useable. PassiveTeX and XEP are
probably better at present, but FOP is developing well.

 > Also: I can't use the Docbook DTD but at the cost of building a
 > whole XSLT from scratch.  My docs are not Docbxml compatibles.
ah well, there you have a problem.

 > Also: After trying to learn Scheme, I must switch to XSLT. Ok, I
 > wouldn't have a big problem but, after all, I found the tools very
 > unstable.

the XSLT tools??? I'd have said they were really very good.

 > You mention 5 or 6 tools: I would appreciate a link to some site
 > about them. For the time being, I only know about FOP.

the W3C XSL FO pages have links to various implementations. the six I
know of are
 - FOP
 - XEP (www.renderx.com)
 - PassiveTeX (users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex/)
 - Arbortext Epic
 - Antenna House
 - Unicorn XSL FO

 > All this said, I reckon things and changing fast and I can't keep
 > with it, but I pray for some stable tool wich allows documentation
 > generation and management.  I would pay for such tool if I can
 > thorougly test it.

have you looked at www.renderx.com?

sebastian