Re: non-english XSL DocBook Stylesheet problems

    Norman> / Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk> was heard to
    Norman> say: | How can I generate xhtml whilst chunking?

    Norman> Uh. Write your own driver that wraps chunk.xsl and
    Norman> includes the xml output method. And then contribute it
    Norman> back to me for the xhtml directory :-)

Well, I did just that.

But afterwards, I thought I'd check that the generated output was
genuine xhtml.

To my surprise, I spotted the following code:

Note the <br> (rather than <br/>) tag.

I "realised" that this must be a coding error in the stylesheet,
outputting text instead of generating an element.
So I quickly tracked it down, to footnote.xsl, where to my surpise I
see the following code:

  <xsl:if test="count($footnotes)>count($table.footnotes)">
      <hr width="100" align="left"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="$footnotes" mode="process.footnote.mode"/>
  </xsl:if>

Hm. Nothing wrong with that <br/> tag (or indeed, according to grep,
any of the stylesheets).
What can be going on? (I'm using Saxon 6.2.2 if that's relevant).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire