Re: Inserting eps or pdf documents into a DocBookdocument

At 10:03 AM 4/11/01 +0900, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>OK, I got sgml2x, and I can now see what it does.
>
>Firstly, Dan, did you have to do anything special to make it work? The
>setup instructions are Abys Mal and it gives wierd errors when I set the
>SGML_CATALOG_FILES to what I think they should be.
>
>How some ever, what it does is:
>
>   jade -> TEX
>   jadetex -> dvi
>   dvips -> ps
>   ps2pdf -> pdf
>
>The dvips step seems to require that all graphics be in eps or ps,
>otherwise it inserts a raw jpg or whatever file. However, once you satisfy
>that requirement, the EPS files are indeed inserted in the document, but
>they loose any scaling you requested of DocBook.

OK, well, it turns out that by scaling the diags correctly, I get
reasonable results, and can produce pdf that looks OK. If I set the page
size to A4, it even prints OK.

All I now have to do is figure out how to put the bookmarks in so the Adobe
pdf viewer can show you the pages down the side, etc ...

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com
Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.ethereal.com)