Re: Normalizing spaces?

Eric Richardson wrote:
> Maybe somebody can comment on whitespace since I have mouthed off
> without thinking first and passed off such lousy advice.

In XML whitespaces are normalized only in attribute values. Not in
element content. In XSLT you can normalize spaces manualy using
normalize-space() function, I think that function normalize is also
available in DSSSL.

Extra text nodes containing only white-spaces can be removed from source
tree in XSLT by using <xsl:strip-space elements="space seperated list of
elements from which white-space nodes should be stripped">.