Re: Re: DOCBOOK: Chunking with XML

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| Rune Enggaard Jensen wrote:
| >
| > Jirka Kosek wrote:
| >
| > > You can assign ID for this small document (e.g. <chapter id="ch4">) and
| > > specify this ID in rootid parameter for stylesheet:
| > >
| > > saxon -o chapter4.html whole_doc.xml ..../html/docbook.xsl "rootid=ch4"
| > >

| > Is it possible to do something similar using DSSSL/jade?
|
| AFAIK DocBook DSSSL stylesheets does not support this. You can do
| similar tricks with marked sections (available only in SGML, not in
| XML).

Yes, but you can't do it from the command line. You could in OpenJade,
but I've never used that.

[[[ hmm, now that I go looking for the code, I see that it isn't in
the stock stylesheets. Someone report that as a bug at
sourceforge.net, will ya? :-) ]]]

In your customization layer, add:

(define ROOTID #f)
;(define ROOTID "dbre.pent.x.mix")

(root
  (if ROOTID
    (process-element-with-id ROOTID)
    (process-children)))

Now if you define ROOTID to be some ID value in your document, you'll
get the desired behavior.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--