RE: DocBook XML and MSIE (?!)

Is there any experience with using MSXML 4?

Mark Pilgrim wrote...
> >> [viewing DocBook XML directly in MSIE]
> >>
> > You can download the new releases of the MSXML-Parser from
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com. Note that the parser installs itself
> > in a so called side-by-side mode. This mode doesn't replace the
> > parser within IE. You have to download and install another small
> > programm wich replaces the parser (I think ist called xmlinst).
> > There is a good description about how to install the parser
> > on the MSDN.
>
> If you're working with MSXML, a must-read resource is the Unofficial
> MSXML XSLT FAQ at http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm, which
> has direct links to the latest version of MSXML, the xmlinst tool for
> forcing IE to use the latest MSXML, step by step instructions for using
> xmlinst, and links to other MS-specific XSL resources (like the MSXML
> version sniffer to tell you what version you have installed). [...]

It seems that xmlinst is related to MSXML 3 and earlier.
Is there a similar utility for MSXML 4?  Well, the MSXML 4
has the "preview" in the title.

I am quite new to XML and to the MSXML support.  Should I start
with MSXML 3 SP 1?

Thanks,

Petr

--