Re: Problems with stylesheets and a question

>/ carlos@cvc.edu (Carlos) was heard to say:
>| [elrond@rivendell elrond]$ java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in
>| sf-stroy.xml -
>| xsl http://153.18.234.2/~elrond/xsl/html/docbook.xsl -out stories.html
>| Error
>|   java.net.UnknownHostException: home: home
>
>What's in sf-story.xml? I bet you've got an http://home/ URL or
>something.

I used to have one, I removed it but still get the same error

>| The error below is generated when I try to chunk the document:
>|
>| [elrond@rivendell elrond]$ java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in
>| sf-stroy.xml -
>| xsl http://153.18.234.2/~elrond/xsl/html/chunk.xsl -out stories.html
>| Error at saxon:output on line 57 of
>
>This is truely bizarre because Xalan shouldn't care about the saxon:
>elements.  Are you sure this is an unedited trace?

Yes, I didn't touch the trace before submitting it

>| The question is, how do I refer to local file:// type URLs when using Xalan?
>
>With file:///path/to/file.

thanks, that didn't work but that's what I needed to know

>                                        Be seeing you,
>                                          norm
>
>--
>Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A man may fulfill the object of
>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | his existence by asking a question
>Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | he cannot answer, and attempting a
>                                   | task he cannot achieve.--Oliver
>                                   | Wendell Holmes

----
 P  |Carlos Araya
 _  |WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 G  |California Virtual Campus, Region 1
---- C/O De Anza College
10650 Bubb Road
Cupertino, CA 95014

mail:	carlos@cvc.edu
web:	http://www.cvc1.org

LIFE: You can't control the length, but you can control the depth and width
-- From Randall Schwartz

Paradoxically, a refusal tp 'put monetary value in life' means that life is
often undervalued -- Artifical intelligence, A Modern Approach

Between the ages of twenty and forty we are engaged in the process of
discovering who we are, which involves learning the difference between
accidental limitations which it is our duty to outgrow and the necessary
limitations of our nature beyond which we cannot trespass with
impunity.--W. H. Auden