java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

I'm working on a Debian system (partial woody) and I've
installed all the packages from this site:
http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/debian/old/

and xsltproc and the relevant dependencies out of testing.  I
also downloaded saxon from here:
http://users.iclway.co.uk/mhkay/saxon/

Before I develop the website I thought I should build the test
website on my system.

After downloading and viewing Mark's slides I tried to build the
xml website with this command:

$ java -classpath \
/home/jesse/newbiedoc/website/downloads/saxon.jar \
website.xml /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/xsl/docbook/nwalsh/website\
/website.xsl
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: \
website/xml

And got the above Exception error.  I have to admit that I've
gotten this far by brute force.  I'm not familiar with how these
tools work together.  I've been using sgmltools-lite for a
little over 6 months and have developed (well, changed a few
settings on) some custom dsssl stylesheets.  Currently, I can
build xml documents on my system.  Have I failed to install
something I need or am I using the tools incorrectly?

TIA,
Jesse
--
Docs by & for Debian newbies